Preparing for your Cataract Surgery
Read & Share
Once your cataract surgery has been scheduled, you’ll want to carefully read through your pre-operative paperwork that was given to you by the surgeon’s office. You may need a pre-operative medical exam to ensure you are medically cleared for cataract surgery.
Other useful tips:
1. Start any required pre-operative drops on schedule, and contact your physician’s office if you have any questions.
2. Have someone drive you to and from the surgery center – since you may have anesthesia in your system.
3. Typically, no food or drink after midnight on the morning of your surgery.
4. Find out your scheduled time for arrival, map out the route to the surgery center, and give yourself 15 minutes extra for paperwork and traffic.
5. Ask any questions you may have of your ophthalmologist prior to the surgery.