Eye Physicians & Surgeons of Arizona is Hiring!
Full-time and Part-time Ophthalmic Technician
Tired of working evenings, weekends and holidays? Come work at Eye Physicians & Surgeons of Arizona!
We currently have full-time and part-time Ophthalmic Technician/Assistant positions available at our Scottsdale location.
We are looking for motivated and driven individuals to perform a range of duties in our busy ophthalmology practice specializing in glaucoma and cataracts. The ideal candidate will be dependable, detail-oriented, willing to take instruction, and thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diverse population. Must be able to provide quality, compassionate, patient care and have experience in customer service and computer systems. Previous healthcare experience and certification preferred as well as experience in the ophthalmic field, but willing to train the right person.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of ophthalmic experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Ability to provide good patient care
- Preparing patients for exam by physician
- pre-exam and diagnostic testing to include visual acuity assessment (including: pinhole and glare testing, confrontational visual field testing, assessing extraocular muscles, pupillary evaluation, manual refractions, Goldman tonometry, assessing angles, lensometry, as well as specialized testing including visual fields, A-scan immersion biometry, optical biometry, fundus photography, and ocular coherence tomography)
- Assist with minor surgical procedures as well as in office laser treatments
- Ensure exam rooms are cleaned and reset between each patient
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life and FSA. Vacation, sick and paid holidays. Competitive pay & 401k with match. EOE